Last updated on June 18, 2018
This policy applies to Verico Financial Group Inc. and The Mortgage Station and its affiliates (“we”, “us” or “our”), and describes how we collect, use and disclose personal information.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information about employees or other temporary or permanent staff, consultants or other individuals assigned to us, or to any information that is not “personal information” as defined in or interpreted under applicable law.
We are committed to protecting personal information and collecting, using and disclosing personal information only in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent (which may be express or implied) or as required or permitted by law. By providing us with your personal information (whether through our websites or otherwise), you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of that personal information in accordance with this policy. Subject to legal and contractual requirements and upon reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by contacting our privacy officer at the address provided below. If you refuse or withdraw consent, we may be unable to provide you with certain products, services or information.
Nature of Collection
We collect personal information, wherever appropriate, directly from you or from interactions with you, but may where necessary collect personal information from other sources, such as the mortgage brokers and agents in our network, and from consumer reporting agencies, credit bureaus, financial institutions and real estate appraisers. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, financial information, credit history and other information relevant to our provision of products and services to you, or that is relevant to a mortgage application or inquiry you have submitted to us. We limit our collection of your personal information to the information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes we identify to you or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Our Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
We collect, use and disclose your personal information so we can:
- provide products and services to you;
- process mortgage applications and inquiries you submit to us;
- facilitate your relationship and business dealings with us;
- understand and respond to your needs and preferences, including recommending particular products and services to meet your needs;
- develop, market, sell or otherwise provide our products and services;
- establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you, including to establish your identity and to fulfill contractual obligations;
- obtain credit information, if you are applying for credit or a mortgage;
- process payments in connection with your purchase of our products and services;
- develop, manage and improve our business and operations;
- protect us from error, breach of contract, negligence, fraud and illegal activity;
- engage in business transactions, including a purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization of financing involving us or a part of our business;
- and comply with legal or regulatory requirements or provisions.